- Slims will be open Thursday, July 3rd from 9-5, closed for the 4th... and then open Saturday, July 5th from 8-1. Happy Holiday!
- !!! WE ARE NOW LOCATED AT 107 N. MAIN ST. THERE IS A PARKING LOT BEHIND OUR BUILDING WHICH LETS YOU PARK FOR 4 HOURS FOR FREE. PLEASE UTILIZE THIS AND ENTER THROUGH THE BACK OF THE SHOP!!!
- Slim and Adam will now be staying until 8PM on Thursdays and Dean will be at the shop until 8PM on Fridays.
- Everyone in the shop takes same day appointments. We encourage you to call before coming in for a haircut. By popular demand, Slim is now taking advanced appointments. If you make an advanced appointment (meaning an appointment made before the day of the cut) with Slim, the price of a regular cut will be $25, senior citizens and weekly customers will be charged $21. Blowouts and Fauxhawks with advanced appointments will be $27. The prices will remain the same for same day appointments and walk-ins.
- Keep in mind that Slim leaves the shop most Tuesdays at 2:30.
Slimís Barber Shop is a full-service shop specializing in Fades, Flat Tops, Mohawks, Pomps, Tapers and Blowouts. We can conform to any specific military regulations and handle any sort of regular cut as well.
Kevin Slimko aka, Slim the Barber, opened Slimís Barber Shop on June 24, 2005 in a near-century old building in Downtown Crystal Lake. He started out with chairs he got for free from his father in law, Jun Lagatuz. The back bars (barber stations) were inherited from his sister in law, Mariefel Westa when she installed new back bars at Mitchell Christopher salon in Wheaton, Illinois.
Growing up in nearby Algonquin, he realized that Crystal Lake had the most any downtown suburb in the area had to offer. There is plenty of foot traffic thanks to other successful businesses on Woodstock Street. The Metra Station is directly across the street from Slimís. The downtown area also boasts some fine eateries with a great variety of foods.
Slimís has steadily grown from day one, thanks to word of mouth from happy customers. At Slimís, you can bet youíll find a barber you like and the cut you want. We pride ourselves on our diverse workers and clientele. Youíll feel at home no matter your age, race, job, car you drive or the shoes you wear. Weíll cut anything from fades and flat tops to business cuts, mohawks and pompadours. All menís haircuts can be finished with hot lather and a straight edge shave around the the back of the neck and sideburns.
Speaking of straight edge razors. Dean, from Slimís, is proud to be the only barber in the area who currently offers old fashioned hot shaves. You can lay back in the chair with a hot towel on your face while Dean gets the lather ready on a badger hair brush. And then be perfectly relaxed while he gives you a really close shave. Dean gives shaves on Friday and Saturday.
Slimís does not take appointments, but we do allow customers to call ahead to get their name put on a waiting list if we have people waiting.
We are happy to offer an old time barber shop atmosphere with the ability to keep up with current trends. We have vintage aftershaves and hair tonics, and contemporary hair products. We have near-century old chairs and a Facebook Fan Page. Slim has gained notoriety in the barber field by having a very popular YouTube site site with videos that have been viewed over a million times.
Slimís is currently staffed by 3 barbers; Kevin Slimko, Adam Wolanik and Dean Manian. Check the column to the right over to the right to see what days your favorite barber is in the shop.